Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mat Musings

So here I am at MattingExperts.com selling commercial floor mats for a living...and now all I notice everywhere are the mats.  (Occupational hazard?) I guess I have always liked mats/rugs so maybe it was written in the stars that I would become involved on a professional level. I mean, what's not to love? Cushioning, cleaning, drying, sound muffling, room warming, colorful, decorative. SNOW MELTING!!!

The unfortunate side effect of this affliction, however, is the upsetting mats I often run into. Sometimes I find myself outside of a business, getting ready to enter and spend dollars only to find that I am standing on drainable kitchen/dishroom mat. What saddens me about this is that the purchaser of the mat obviously did not have any help during the selection process. It feels like a missed opportunity...someone should have been there to assist. (Unless, of course, they thought that chefs and dish washing staff would need to stand outside of their business for an extended period of time.)

Or how about the faded, tired old logo mats I regularly see still in service. Nothing says "attention to detail" like one of these sad specimens.  Upscale restaurant with awesome food and impeccable service welcomes you with their logo on a sorry mat...your date will notice for sure.

And one of my all time favorite disappointing mats has to be the recessed aluminum type where the carpet strips are so old and worn out that there is no fuzz left on them whatsoever. Probably the person who sold them this mat forgot to mention that the filler strips can be replaced without having to replace the entire mat.  *sigh*

So I present the following beautiful mats so that anyone searching for such a thing will hopefully find me and I can put all my love and care into selling them the best mat for their needs...

Vylon Logo Mat


Recessed Aluminum Mat





Waterhog Fashion Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment